Breed Characteristics of Australian Heritage Angoras
- Does are around 64-67 cms (25-27 inches) at shoulders
- Bucks are around 69-75 cms (27-30 inches at shoulders
- They have fertility, 95% twinning rate
- Quiet temperament
- Bare face and legs – Little to no wigging required and minimal crutching
- Generally more hardy than commercial angoras
- Mohair is fine and lustrous with wavy staples. Though older animals will show kemp. Yields are around 1.3kg – 1.8kg (3-4lbs) for Does and 2-2.5kg for Bucks
- Heritage angoras maintain coloured genes
Breeding white and coloured heritage angoras. Click here for webpage.
Breeders of white and coloured heritage angoras.
Breeder of white and coloured heritage angoras.
The Amazing Rainbow Angoras
Breeder of white heritage angoras Click here for website
Contact via Della Downs
Merri Banks Farm House
Breeder of white heritage angoras
Ruby Farm Walkerville
Breeder of while heritage angoras
Interested in breeding?